Friday, January 17, 2014

Synchronicity... How One Blog Affects Another Blog...

So... Mike read a blog this morning by Annie Burnside... and he said that I should talk about my qualifications and my desires in terms of my career. He mentioned that the blog talked about the "need" to be certified for doing what you do.

Well, in relation to me and my life THAT was the point. While I did attend a prestigious business school and it did qualify me to do the kinds of business things I was doing... that truly was not where my heart was. As I got older I began to realize that big time!!  But, you know there is all this pressure around you to keep going in the direction you are on, so you just keep doing what "seems" to be working. So, there was my family, there were my "failed" relationships and there was my boss. Powerful combos to keep doing what I was doing. Of course, there were also subtle health issues, failure to establish a new solid relationship and dissatisfaction with the ethics of my business climate that also added to the equation that was me. And, of course my bff ever, Alex, would ALWAYS give me the straight scoop. And, of course, I always initially resisted her wisdom!! Apparently, I wasn't fooling anyone but myself. You know, the German Shepard thing... just because my head is hidden and my butt is sticking out, no one can see me! My point being, you need to get honest with yourself... brutally honest. You look at yourself in the mirror and see little "laugh" lines that aren't so funny. You take a GOOD and honest look at your face and you see, yes, literally see, the stress in it. Then the question pops in your mind... WHAT THE HELL are you doing GIRL!! That was a satori moment for me. A moment of "enlightenment".

For me, I need to plot things out... I pulled out my computer and started to look at my holdings to see what would happen if I quit my job. I chatted with Alex who basically needled me. And, you know I can't blame her. Things were pretty obvious.

So, here's the deal. I hadn't finished my PhD, in psychological studies, but I really wanted to contribute to "transpersonal psychology". Like, how do you go about doing that? Well, I'll tell you. You become very clear on exactly what you want and then go for it!! And, as I've said in other posts, sometimes the "overnight" success could take 20 years... and that's okay as long as you are ALWAYS moving to your goal... whatever that is. For me, I had the money to do that and move quickly. Well, there were sacrifices I needed to make initially. For most people they would be trivial. You know, I had to give up my house help... shudder... and my Lotus... shudder... shudder... well... that was tough for me!! You could at least offer a hanky!! Hey, that was as difficult for me as, say, giving up Starbucks fancy drinks.

My life got better and better. In fact, after a few months, the reduction in my stress just let me smile ALL the time. Not to mention my meeting the coolest people on the planet and taking a deeper dive into me. Oh yeah, things were still stressful at times, like when Ross flipped out over lack of sleep at the lab. But, remember, we were doing things we loved to do. So, well a little overload here and there is a small price to really enjoy who you are and what you are doing!!

Then too, I was the needle for Ross. That's probably why our paths crossed. Well, that's another story... sort of my "pay it forward"!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment