Friday, January 9, 2015

Montressa Talks About Your Gifts...

Many of us go through life and are unaware of the valuable things we can bring to life... that which has been given to us which comes easily.

Many times there are "things" that challenge us. Sometimes we judge them as "hard" because of the effort we must put into them to perform at a level we judge as acceptable or required. Then there are things that we are "good" at. We assess these talents we are "good" at because we can perform at a level that we judge as meeting a required, but unspecified standard for us without additional effort. Sometimes the things that we are "good" at we don't value. The conversation... "Oh, anybody can do that." comes up. That actually can be a disservice both to yourself AND others. This is what this post is focused on.

What in YOUR life is like that. What in YOUR life are you saying, "Oh, anybody can do that." Yes, true ANYBODY can do ANYTHING they chose to do. However, there is a "learning curve". The first prerequisite for anything is the desire to do it. Then IF you really want to do something you may need to learn specific things about "how" to do it.

As the central character in ICE, India & Old Lovers, this is one of the things I had to learn. What was it that I did naturally that was of value both to me and others. The whole movement in my life came about because of this self-examination. To be sure there were many factors contributing to my journey that emerged from my life, but the focus on what I wanted was paramount. Yet, tired of struggling, what I really wanted was life with more "flow". I didn't want it easy, I was used to "hard" work. But, I came to a point where I finally noticed the struggle in my life. So, I asked myself, "What am I struggling for?" Well, that may seem simple to ask yourself, right? Not when everyone around you is struggling with their life!!

So, I can say there must be a shift in your thinking. It is almost like looking at yourself like an observer. Here's the example... you're a fish you're swimming in water... I say... hey look at the water.. you say.. what water?? Now, jump up on the shore and look down into the water.. oh, yeah, all us fish are swimming in water!!!

Each of us has our styles. Just as each species of fish is adapted for it's environment so each of us is adapted for a specific flow in our own life. That is what this post is addressing. We need to discover what our best adaptation is. Perhaps we can share that with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment