Thursday, July 17, 2014

Power.... The Power of YOU...

Who has the power in your life? Simple question, right? Perhaps, more appropriately, who controls the "power"? There is much that looks external to your life. Your employer. Your school. The Local government. The Federal government.

So, where are YOU in all of this? YOU are right in the middle of it! YOU have generated it all, and therefore you control it all!!

The issue, if there is one, is that it "looks" like it comes from outside of you. As has been stated here before, nothing is there by accident. It is all part of the lesson you have come to learn. Part of this lesson is learning the value of "YOU".

I was once in a meeting. I did not say a word the whole meeting, but watched intently every word that was spoken. Heard every question and heard every answer, but had nothing to add to the conversation. As I left the meeting I was "thinking" "Wow, what did I go to that meeting for??" This question was no sooner asked in my head, when the guy who called the meeting stopped me at the door. "Wow, Mike, I'm so glad you came. You brought a lot in terms of your experience." I answered, "I didn't say a word." He replied, "Yes... exactly... you helped me a lot... That means we were on the right track and the conversation was going in the right direction!"

I knew exactly what he meant. I had invented much of the technology which was discussed. If something needed to be added I would have commented.

At that point I started to look at the "vibe" of people. I had learned at an experiential training, called "Life Spring", that leaders are not necessarily at the head of the room, either! I'll give you an example. Suppose you were with a group of people and you realized that the survival of all of you depended on certain information which a few people in the group had. And, you knew that this one guy in the group knew lots about it. He was giving his comments, but there was too much going on and only a few were hearing him... soooo..... you say, "Hey, QUIET... Listen... Listen JOHN KNOWS HOW TO GET US OUT!!" AND, you get everyone's attention and they start listening to John!! Who IS the leader? They are listening to John. John is at the head of the room, but how did this happen!!

And, so it is with life... the leaders are not all at the front of the room... learn to value that!! This is why it is important to connect to YOU. The YOU at core... the YOU that exudes a passion for something... the YOU that found that passion and is willing to live it... to sustain its "vibe"... YOU become a holder of frequency... the best metaphor I can give comes from the book "Fahrenheit 451" where each of the people become a "living book" because all the books have been burned... YOU are the living "vibe"... bring your vibe to the party...

No comments:

Post a Comment