Monday, March 17, 2014

Taking The Lid Off!

Taking the lid off? Off of what? YOU!

I had been concerned that Montressa or I had not posted to the blog in awhile and the other night I heard - "Take the lid off!" So, I said, "Okay, let's look at that."

Well first thing, what is the lid? As you do, I had a sense of the metaphor presented by this. As I sat with that for awhile, I started to look at how the "lid" confines me. And then, what would happen if there was no lid. If my confinement was removed?

So, then I started to look at what confines me. Then where does that come from?

One thing for sure is my thinking that things are a certain way. They aren't any way. They are the way they are and they shift according to my attention. That is, as soon as I put my attention on something it is already shifting. Sound familiar? Heisenberg Theory of uncertainty. As soon as you go to examine something it becomes vague. You then are uncertain about where it "really" is. Interesting how we accept this in the physics lab, but not our life.

Okay, so where is this lid? I mean a pickle jar has a lid and I know where it is, right? How about us as humans? Where's our lid?

That question is worth looking into in detail. My immediate answer is that it is invisible, at least to us!! And, that is exactly the issue. We need to look for it. Look for bars that are confining us. That's the thing. It's a prison where you can't see the bars without looking for them. Yet, if you put your attention on them - they show up! I love Dr. Heisenberg! IF there is a reason to become an aware individual that would be it! To look for your invisible confinements. Look for things that are keeping you from being YOU. Looking for that lid.

Even our fear is part of the lid... oh my what would happen if the "lid" came off? There is fear in that question that probes our most intimate of unknowns.

There are many that would like to keep the status quo. Well, even if it is "bad" at least it is known, not like what could happen if we take the lid off. Scary, right? So, fear does "help" keep the lid in place. Remember, it takes courage to be you. It's not that you don't have the fear... you do... but take it with you as you look for the lid in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment