Friday, August 23, 2013

Life is Fascinating

Yes! It is! I have always found life fascinating. Of course in my youth I didn't see it as clearly as I do now. But, then my background was unique too. Still, between all the hard work I've done, Givens and even my family - yes my family even, I am in a place of self ownership. Well, I know for awhile I was at odds with my family. I couldn't keep doing what they saw as my life. That's all. That unexpected trip to India changed my life. Parts of that trip were, to say the least, eye opening! Of course that's what friends are for, too. I need to tell you about my BFF, Alex Tarnoff. I really mean that. Alex has this amazing ability to see right through things. Me certainly. I'd bring my confusion to her and guess what? She'd help me see how it was all me. And, the funny thing is, she was able to do it and I never got upset. I'd be like duh... okay. Even though she and I were buds, she had that detached objective way of being. She would just listen to me. Do you have someone in your life like that, that just listens? You know Dr. Lissa Rankin says that friends and social things extend your life because it invites the relaxation response that is vital to physical renewal. You should check her out she's on Facebook. Well, I can tell you that Alex is a vital friend for me. She always seems to calm me down. Well, Mike says I've been rambling too much. I'm like, hey, this ain't rambling this is my life, dude! You know, life is promises and requests. You make a request, you get a promise. Real simple... as long as you make good on the promise. And, if you can't make good on it... that's okay... just notify the other person. So, my point IS I'm going to honor Mike's request.

No comments:

Post a Comment