Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Owning yourself...

Mmmm.... Owning yourself... well, perhaps accepting yourself is a better term. There sometimes is so much about us that we are resisting about ourselves. Me... phew... a lot that I have resisted. Much of that was caused by what "I thought" the expectations of others were. Those expectations masked me. In fact, as I thought about it... the way I was operating... just about all of it masked me. What ICE expected of me. What my dad expected of me. What my mom expected of me. Actually, mom was easier to deal with! I just totally resisted all that I "thought" she stood for. Easy, right? Whatever the issue is, nope that's not right. It needs to be this way. The trap there is - the "stereotype" of being. No freedom in that, right? Really. After awhile, it was so confining. Took quite awhile in my life to see that. That's where Givens comes in. He was inspiring for me. It came as a slow realization. Of course, India brought it all together. You could call that an awakening. However, I will say... an awakening may never look like what you "think" it will look like... that is why it is an awakening... the very name says it all. "Something" happens... I call that the mystery of life... and you know it is all gonna be different... the mystery of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment